Artist Application for CraftArt 2005
Widely respected as Florida Craftsmen's premier showcase for contemporary crafts, CraftArt 2005 will open October 29-30 2005 in the historic Coliseum in downtown St. Petersburg
A downloadable application is available here. Applications must be postmarked by July 1 2005. Please read the detailed application instructions below, then print the application, fill it out, and mail it to Florida Craftsmen:
CRAFTART FAIR 2005
CraftArt 2005 will be limited exclusively to 150-juried fine craft artists. 'Fine craft art' is defi ned as work which utilizes either the materials and/or processes associated with fi ne craft art. Paintings, drawings, photography, printmaking and/or commercially made works are not eligible. By signing this application, the exhibitor assures that he or she has direct, hands-on involvement in the creation and execution of all works to be exhibited; works are original, handmade by the artist and created within the last three years. No kits, molds, or embellishments are permitted. Artists/makers must be present with their work the weekend of the event. No artist representatives or substitutes are permitted. The CraftArt 2005 Committee reserves the right to make fi nal interpretation of all rules of eligibility.
Mark Richard Leach, Deputy Director at The Mint Museum of Craft + Design in Charlotte, North Carolina, will serve as the CraftArt 2005 juror.
Five (5) $1,000 Awards of Excellence and ten (10) $500 Awards of Merit will be selected by the juror and will be awarded on the merit of the artists' body of work regardless of media, and pledged Patron Purchase Awards will be distributed during CraftArt 2005. Final decisions concerning cash awards are at the sole discretion of the juror.
Booth Size & Fair Fees
There is a $25 non-refundable slide jury fee (deposited upon receipt), in addition to SPECIFIC booth fees listed below (deposited upon acceptance no later than July 15, 2005). Specify booth interest on application form; booth requests will be determined for accepted artists based in order of the date the application was received. Indoor booth fees include back wall pipe and drape. Artists exhibiting outside must provide their own booth/tent/display. The outdoor artists are immediately adjacent to the Coliseum. Electricity for indoor booths is optional but recommended. Electricity for outdoor booths is unavailable. Electrical need request forms will be sent with acceptance package. Current Florida Craftsmen members may deduct $20 from booth fee below on application form.
Rules of Entry
1. DEADLINES & FEES: Each applicant must submit 4 slides for consideration (3 of work, one of booth); a non-refundable slide jury fee of $25; booth fee with noted booth request, a self-addressed stamped envelope; and application form. Final entry deadline must be postmarked by July 15, 2005. Notififi cation of acceptance will be mailed no later than August 1, 2005. There will be a limited waiting list. The booth fee must accompany the application package with a separate check and will be deposited if accepted. The booth fee check and slides will be returned to artists not selected to participate. After jury notifi cation, a booth fee refund of $100 for cancellations made before August 15th will be issued. No booth fee refunds for cancellation after August 15th will be issued under any circumstances in an eff ort to guarantee a fair of the highest quality. Please make all money orders or checks payable to Florida Craftsmen, Inc. There will be a $30 charge for any returned check. Only work in the medium(s) accepted will be considered. If entering in more than one craft medium, applicant must submit separate application, fees, and slides.
2. SLIDES & JURY: Slide quality is very important. The 4 slides must be representative of the work the artist plans to exhibit/sell at CraftArt 2005, representing the works for sale in an artist's booth proportionately. Once at CraftArt 2005 the committee will review each artist's work, and those not corresponding in nature to the original slide entries may be asked to remove their entire exhibit without refund. Slides must be standard 35mm, 2'x2" plastic or cardboard mount, clearly numbered, labeled with artists' name, medium, and arrow indicating TOP of work. The fourth slide MUST be of the entire booth display, or application will be disqualifi ed. Decisions of the pre-screening committee are fi nal. Slides of the highest quality may be chosen for various publicity pieces. Slides of artists selected to exhibit will automatically be held for publicity purposes. Digital submissions of artwork and booth will be accepted on a CD (compatible with Windows OS). Each CD must be identifi ed with artist's name, medium, and fi le names. For more information, please visit www.fl oridacraftsmen.net.
3. MEMBERSHIP: Current Florida Craftsmen members receive a reduced booth fee rate. Non-members are encouraged to become FC members by submitting an annual dues check of $35 payable to Florida Craftsmen. For more information on membership benefi ts, please visit www.fl oridacraftsmen.net.
4. SALES: All works exhibited at the CraftArt2005 must be for sale. No commission will be taken on sales. Sales will be encouraged.
5. YOUR BOOTH: A card bearing artist's name, booth number and residence will be provided and must be prominently displayed in each booth. Booth spaces may not be shared. Allocation of spaces will be at the discretion of the CraftArt 2005 Committee. If the type of space an artist has requested has been fi lled (such as the small 6x10' booth or a corner booth), you will be advised. Each artist must provide appropriate and substantial display fi t for indoor or outdoor exhibition. Specifi c times for unloading and reloading will be assigned to accepted artists. Set-up will begin in the afternoon on Friday, October 28th. Artists are encouraged to bring dollies or devices for transporting work into the facility. Security will be provided, however, each artist exhibits all work and booth materials at his/her own risk and should carry appropriate insurance. Florida Craftsmen, Inc., the City of St. Petersburg, the Coliseum or any CraftArt 2005 sponsor will not be held responsible for damage, theft, or loss of an individual's work or booth.
6. COMMITMENT TO SHOW/SALES TAX: A signed application is a commitment to show and remain for the entire event. No dealers, agents or representatives will be permitted. To be eligible for any award, the artist must exhibit both days during all show hours. Artists are responsible for collecting Florida State Sales Tax (7%) and remitting it to the Florida Department of Revenue.
Submission and Deadline
Photocopies of this form are acceptable.
Mail all required documents and checks in one packet to:
INQUIRIES may be directed to Florida Craftsmen, Inc. at (727) 821-7391.
Florida Craftsmen is at:
501 Central Avenue
St. Petersburg, FL 33701-3703
phone: 727.821.7391 - fax: 727.822.4294
General information: [email protected] - Membership information: [email protected]
Gallery information: [email protected]
Copyright © 2000-2005 by Florida Craftsmen, Inc.
FLORIDA CRAFTSMEN #23-7375994N. Florida Craftsmen, Inc. is recognized as Exempt under Section 501(c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll free within the State: (800) 435-7352. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by the State of Florida Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services registration number SC-11933. Florida Craftsmen receives 100% of each contribution. A professional solicitor retains no percentage of contributions.
Website programmed and maintained by Gary Burge.